How come I can't puppet anything?
All puppetting is now done via events or focuses rather than through peace conferences.
When will the next patch come out?
We aim for one big release every two months, and of course hot-fixes wherever needed.
Why are some of the models black?
We use some DLC assets in our mod, so if you don't have that DLC, you will get blank textures, don't worry though, they are just cosmetic errors. We are working on setting up backup textures to avoid this, so keep an eye out for updates.
I want to do art/music/coding for KR, where can I sign up?
Wonderful! Head to our Discord, and then checked the pinned messages in general_discussion. If in doubt, message Zankoas.
Update X broke my saves!
That isn't a question, but if you are having issues, try loading the save, saving again straight away without un-pausing, then reloading using that new save. Not using ironman can also sometimes also help. If all else fails, remember past versions are available for download on the KR4 forums.
Are there any official sub-mods for KR4?
The only other official sub-mod is our Music Mod, which can be found in the Steam Workshop.
Is any DLC required?
No. While we will of course make use of DLC features, we won't make it a requirement to enjoy KR4.
Are there any known bugs I should be aware of?
Note this isn't an exhaustive list of in game bugs, just once that we are aware of and haven't been able to fix in the last release.
1. Very rarely, slight changes to mod files can cause all events to refire when loading a save. Making a new save or reverting back to the old version avoids this issue.
2. Rarely, not having DLC can lead to black models, no known fix other than to get the DLC.
3. Save game flags are black, no known cause or fix.
I found a bug, how can I make by bug report as helpful as possible?
• Report it only once per patch, we are busy people so don't worry if it takes us a few days to answer.
• The paradox forums bug report thread, or the steam workshop bug report thread are the best places to report, but please only report it on one of them.
• Try and check the last few pages to see if someone else has reported it.
• The more detail the better; screen shots and saves are much appreciated.
• Try and check back a few days after reporting, we might have asked a question about your bug or just want to thank you.
I am trying to boost ideology in country X but the button is locked. Is this a bug?
Since we are using a new ideology system, boosting ideologies in foreign countries has no effect, thus we disabled it.
Why are there no events for country X?
We haven't gotten around to coding it yet, but fear not, we will do every country, even you poor Tannu Tuva!
Why are there no portraits/why are all portraits the same for country X?
We haven't created new portraits for that country yet, but again, we will do them for every country.
Why is my stability so low? Why is my country weak?
Stability is directly influenced by your political power balance. If you mismanage your PP, your country will suffer. Please refer to the introduction event for further information.
This is unrealistic/please boost this country/change the lore!
If you have a suggestion for the lore behind the scenario, please submit a researched and detailed suggestion on Kaiserreich's official forums for review by the mod team.
Why can't I puppet/change governments in peace conferences?
All puppetting is handled my events.
Why can't I create new factions/invite new faction members?
Kaiserreich’s faction mechanics are handled through events and focuses, and so we have disabled the feature from vanilla.
When is the next update coming up?
We are aiming to have a new release every 1-2 months.
I have a question about the lore, is there a timeline?
You bet: Timeline of World History since 1914